So, moving on from Scully. Road Trip near Old Street at 7pm tomorrow night, I am meeting South African Mark.
Unlike my previous suitor, this one seems genuinely attractive. The remaining questions are: will he have a personality, and will he find me attractive?
I think most people think that they look quite good, but do we really? Do we really? The only evidence I have is from my friends and family, and from builders.
He's from South Africa, he's 6 foot 3, and he seems quite funny.
To be honest I haven't built this one up in my head considering the disasters of Dutch Jon and Scully. There really is no point in endlessly writing emails backwards and forwards - any physical chemistry or lack thereof will suddenly be much, much more important.
So who knows, maybe this will be the best one of all. What I would like is to meet someone who I could happily meet again. I am not aiming for long term, something consistent but relatively short term would be great right now.
I'm sure he is as attractive as his photos, they are pretty clear, and he's definitely cute. Handsome? "Easy to handle, ready at hand." from hand (n.) + -some. Sense extended to "fair size, considerable"
6 foot 3 is a fair size, 2 inches taller than me. But what will he think of me? My skin isn't breaking out in spots, I seem to have bleached my teeth the requisite amount -and I feel a lot more experienced from my two dates. Hopefully I won't be a crushing bore like Scully, and he will find me at least somewhat attractive.
If an attractive man finds me attractive - then I've got something to work with. I can work with that. Even if he's right wing. It pains me to say it but beggars cannot be choosers, and based on the last 3 men I have drunk with, a beggar I am.
OK now I'm finally nervous. Joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment